Sunday, August 30, 2009

Related Thoughts in the Stream of an Unfortunate Consciousness

(On humanity: I’m not a fan. )

We just watched Watchmen, I’m a little tired of this all. How do you justify a liking to the Comedian when in all appearance experiences you are a femine-something? I don’t, don’t, don’t. Don’t understand; not myself, not this, not that, not you for sure. I always seem to like the psychos. Yeah, I liked Rorsach too, the book and movie version. I liked both. Maybe like’s not the right word. I liked the Joker, if that’s the word. I remember reading this thing about how “(I can’t put enough fucking quotes around this word)Gifted” children, after seeing a movie, say, Fiddler on the Roof, would not be ready to go out for ice cream; they would still be wrapped up in the characters, torn apart by their emotional immersion in the drama of it, in a way of sorts somehow; “Semi-“Gifted”” children would be ready to go out for ice cream but only if they could talk about the lighting and the stagecraft and the filming techniques and the so on and so forth and so on, so, so, so I kind of claimed the second category (even though I think there was a third before you get to the gosh-damned lucky normal kids), because in my experience that was a bad thing, when you cried when the character died because even though he was a villain you understood him? Or when you cheered or clapped or whatever the fuck.

I don’t understand why I’m here.
That’s not really true.
Yes it is, though. On the greater level of the question, heady philosophical question, etc.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,oh oh oh oh oh oh fuck this fuckfuckfuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment