Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On Organization

When one is a crazy disorganized person, such as I am, it can make it hard to keep track of things like tags on blog posts, and my tags are usually named with a trace of whimsy, which makes it easier for me to keep track but keeps the whole 'thrown-together-with-some-leaves-and-a-few-strips-of-duct-tape' feeling, which is about as true to life as it gets, for me. Anyway! Here I present an explanation of my tags/labels so far, for the purposes of keeping track.

awesome dudes
Just what it says on the tin! This tag means that somewhere in the post, I am talking about awesome dudes, whether they be good friends, people who I look up to, or just generally awesome dudes. Although 'dude' is often a male term, it need not always be so, and that's not how I use it-- I greet just about everyone with "'Sup, dude!" So.

battling insanity
Again, pretty self-explanatory. I'll tag stuff with this when I'm talking about the twisted, broken bits of my mind, whether they be pretty and shimmery on the light, or whether I just slipped and cut my finger on one. Metaphorical writing aside, makes sense, ne?

becoming harlequin
This is for when I talk about masks-- whether it be masks that everyone adopts to everyone, or a mask I've put on for some theatre, to play a character or the like, or whether I'm talking about being trapped in my own identity.

the core and chord
Also known as the connection, the call, the caper... a tag designed to refer to the weakness of most sentient beings, whether platonic, amorous, charitable, erotic... basically, love.

dreams
I'll use this tag for dreams I've -had-, and I mean stuff like subconscious-- like the dreams you have asleep, for me sometimes awake.

dreams for real
This tag is for dreams in the sense of long-term goals, longings, things I want to do someday. The "for real" refers to the use of dreams as they apply to real life, which is what separates it from the "dreams" tag, which has a strained connection at best to the real world.

futility at best
Just what it looks like; this tag is about struggles that are futile, struggles against my own mind, against the world, things I've tried knowing that they won't get me anywhere. It can be something as insignificant as trying to repair a broken tool that I know is beyond help, or as personal as trying to force myself into another identity.

indie soul
This is a new tag, it refers to independence, the stage of my life coming on fast that I've had one foot in for a while, it means that whole Being On My Own horizon, with all its ups and downs.

internet
I might get rid of this tag, actually; it refers to the internet, which seems redundant on a blog.

life as it seems
Much like the "dreams" tag, this refers to life with slightly metaphysical connotations; life as perceived, life that isn't necessarily completely real, just because I don't always trust my senses, or my brain. It wouldn't be confusing, except...

life at the moment
This tag is different from the "life as it seems" tag in that it has more to do with life as I'm living it, the more physical, solid details of life, whether that be eventual goals of college, eating more healthfood, or monetary worries. Sometimes the two overlap, but they do have distinct meanings.

dust on glass
This tag refers to memories, of childhood, of another time, of things that may or may not have ever happened, things that I've buried in closets, and when you dig them out, there's gray and dulling layers of time over what once shone in the sunlight. Memories are tricky things.

music to listen
Exactly what it sounds like. This is music that I listen to, as opposed to...

music to play
Which is music that I play, be it on French horn, guitar, drumsticks, or vocal experiment. Again, these can overlap, but they're pretty different.

mirrorbox flies
Named from two off-kilter references to the same thing, this tag refers to the Zoo, the Goggles, the Tube, the alternate reality that is so much easier to believe in than our own. Basically, when I cave and talk about TV, this is what I shall call it.

politickin
BAH. I wish I could delete this, but it is important, it is something I will talk about in the future, and it's something I should have a filter for. So yeah, political nonsense and the like.

rebellion is now
This is like the 'politickin' tag, minus the politics. It's the changes I want, the acts I'll follow, how my code of belief and my core of morals/ethics/whatever apply to the world at large.

school
A prison now, maybe not so much in the next stage, but yeah. This is just what it looks like, too.

skin on bones
A tag referencing the real, physical body which I somewhat reluctantly inhabit.

the friends inside
For that other part of my brain which isn't necessarily me.

walkin' shoes
I love to walk, which is fortunate because I have no transportation besides biking. Once I fix the flat tire on my bike, though, biking stories will also go under this tag; this is just about... well, non-car transportation, where my feet are taking me and what skies I've been falling under.

webcomics
Another one I might delete, unless I wind up writing my own webcomic at some point.

what is inspired
Stuff like stream of consciousness, things that are more about the craft than the actual words behind it, or vice versa-- basically, me being all artsy and stuff.

Yahweh
No whimsy here; no whimsy possible, no subterfuge or lacy trimmings possible or necessary, in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment