Saturday, January 3, 2009

Dudes Who Are Awesome

So, after an episode of Mythbusters sparked an elaborate daydream where hiking met helicopter crash met abandoned government facility, complete with rusted fense, I wondered, who are the most awesome dudes I know of? Not know personally, but know -of-, and they'd probably be awesome to know personally. And it would be really cool to somehow save their lives, just so I could feel like I helped the world out a little today. Or something. So. In no particular order,
  • Jamie Hyneman (yeah, Adam's cool too, but Jamie is... awesome)
  • Paul Hewson
  • David Evans
  • Tom Waits
  • Eric Hutchinson
  • Cory Doctorow
  • Neil Gaiman
  • Randall Munroe
  • Ryan North
  • Jeffrey Rowland (this guy might just be on the top, except for Bono)

Actually, the whole bunch of webcomic artists that I know of (except for Tim Buckley) seem like pretty awesome dudes (and Jeffrey Rowland is awesome even by webcomic artist standards), and I should probably not be proud of the fact that I could probably quote more than many Dinosaur Comics verbatim, but I am because webcomics are perhaps the coolest, most alternative-but-not-in-a-bad-way (is there a Dark Side to the force that is subculture? yes, and its name is Hot Topic... when subculture goes Culture, or just... well, that's a whole 'nother subject, one I'll probably tackle when I get my brain organized [HAHAHAHA] or at least manage to gather enough interest and material on the problem), form of media that there IS, except maybe zines and mail art... or perhaps Indie music. Then again, who can compare them? Apples to mangoes, or oranges to strawberries. Or something.

And, on that note--

No comments:

Post a Comment